The All Writing Summer Workshop with Flexible Dates
Fall dates arriving soon! Please stay tuned and make sure to put your name on the waiting list.Waiting List
Choose 1-7 meetings from dates on Sunday Afternoons in Flourtown from 2-4:30 p.m. and/or Thursday evenings via Zoom from 7-10 p.m. Scroll down to see the list of dates.
For beginners to published authors, the All Writing workshop focuses on quieting your internal critic to express yourself freely. The facilitator structures the approach to writing and the discussion to ensure that everyone in the workshop feels included and at ease.
A workshop for writers of all levels
- Write during workshop time
- Discover or develop your voice
- Gain confidence in your identity as a writer
- Create new work or expand existing projects
- Receive constructive feedback that highlights your strengths
Fiction · Nonfiction · Poetry · Screen & TV Writing · Playwriting · Blogs · Performance Sketches
This workshop emphasizes writing to prompts
- The prompts are designed to inspire you, to get you started
- Following the prompts is optional
- No competition, no ridicule
- No homework
To ensure quality, enrollment is limited to 12 including the facilitator, Rachel Kobin.
Note: If I can find an outdoor location (like a deck) within easy travel distance of everyone who enrolls, I will gladly lead the workshop there. Please contact me if you know of such a place.
Cost per meeting = $50
Bulk Discounts (provided space is available)
- Pay for 7 meetings, save $50. Pay $300 instead of $350.
- Pay for 6 meetings, save $35. Pay $265 instead of $300.
- Pay for 5 meetings, save $30. Pay $220 instead of $250.
- Pay for 4 meetings, save $15. Pay $185 instead of $200.
- Pay for 3 meetings, save $10. Pay $140 instead of $150 (as of 6/27, this is the only package available).
Space allowed, add or change dates later, but registration is required.
Choose 1 – 7 dates. Pick any combination of Sundays and Thursdays. This is not a sequential workshop, so it doesn’t matter when you start.
- Sunday, July 10 at The Resiliency Center in Flourtown, 2-4:30 PM – sold out
- Sunday, July 17 at The Resiliency Center in Flourtown, 2-4:30 PM – sold out
- Sunday, July 31 at The Resiliency Center in Flourtown, 2-4:30 PM – sold out
Driving directions will be sent once registration is complete
- Thursday, June 30 via Zoom, 7-9:30 PM – 3 spots left
- Thursday, July 14 via Zoom, 7-9:30 PM – 3 spots left
- Thursday, July 21 via Zoom, 7-9:30 PM – sold out
- Thursday, August 11 via Zoom, 7-9:30 PM – 3 spots left
- Proof of vaccination and at least one booster.
- Willingness to sign a form saying you are symptom-free, and a waiver recognizing you are taking a risk by meeting in a group. Masks are worn in the hallways and bathrooms of The Resiliency Center, but not in the workshop space. Clean air circulation and sanitization occur continuously.
Zoom tech requirements:
- Although we write by hand in an old-fashioned notebook, you will need a computer or laptop with a video camera and audio so that you can be seen and heard. You’ll also need to be in a private space or use headphones/earbuds so that when people read aloud, people in your household won’t be able to hear.
- Download Zoom from Zoom.us — it’s free for you.
Where Can I Learn More?
Page updated on 5/8/2022