Insightful Editing of Short Fiction, Novels, Memoirs, and Essays
I provide the feedback you need to make your manuscript sing. I look for what’s already strong, what must stay intact as you intended in your own voice. I also point out what isn’t working and offer techniques for improvement. I know how hard it can be to let someone else read the manuscript to which you’ve devoted so much time and energy. I show you specifically where the writing or structure isn’t as strong as it could be, but my objective is for you to feel inspired to keep going.
- Editing a fabulous middle-grade novel with a strong heroine, great male characters, and animals who also play key roles.
- Editing the second middle-grade novel one of the participants in the Tuesday night workshop in Flourtown wrote. An agent expressed interest in his work but requested changes. He has asked me to help him determine how to respond. Was it one person’s opinion, or would an extensive rewrite make sense?
- A writer is struggling with revision and has asked me to compare three rewrites of a specific section to help him determine which one is headed in the right direction.
- Editing a full-length novel prior to self-publishing.
- In-depth comments on a short story for a writer who couldn’t join the workshop.
Contact For More Information
Complete the quick form below to discuss your piece!