Insightful Editing of Short Fiction, Novels, Memoirs, and Essays
I provide the feedback you need in order to make your manuscript sing. I look for what’s already strong, what must stay intact as you intended, in your own voice. I also point out what isn’t working as well and offer techniques for improvement. As a writer I know how hard it can be to let someone else read the manuscript to which you’ve devoted so much time and energy. I show you specifically where the writing or structure isn’t as strong as it could be but my objective is for you to feel inspired to keep going.
For information about my marketing communications services, including professional document editing, please go to www.marketing26.com.
- Editing a middle-grade novel for a woman writing a wonderful novel with a strong heroine, great male characters, and animals who also play key roles.
- Editing the second middle-grade novel one of the participants in the Tuesday night workshop in Flourtown has written. An agent expressed interest in his work but had some feedback about his work. He has asked me to help him determine how to respond. Was it one person’s opinion, or would an extensive rewrite make sense?
- A writer is struggling with revision and has asked me to compare three rewrites of a specific section to help him determine which instincts to follow.
- Editing a full-length novel prior to self-publishing.
- A writer who couldn’t join the workshop received in-depth feedback about his short story.
Contact For More Information
Complete the quick form below to discuss your piece!